The Sunshine Award!
Thursday May 23rd 2013
Our blog has been nominated for a Sunshine Award. How fantastic is that?!!!!
When it comes to recognition, I tend to go a little shy, but of course I still wanted to tell you all about this. After a few false starts, our blog only really got underway a few months ago. So to be noticed and nominated by a fellow blogger so soon really means the world.
Our blogger friend, Arnold and Bird were kind enough to nominate us (thank you and massive hugs to you for making our day/week/month!). Arnold and Bird, who are only a year old themselves (they just celebrated their first birthday), have probably the best blogging strap-line I have read: Design, curiosities and the soundtrack to it all.
To explain the Sunshine Awards, it has a kind of ‘pay-it-forward’ theme, which you can see in the rules below:
The Sunshine Blog award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. Below are the rules, which are as follows:
- Include the award logo in a post on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know they are nominated.
- Share the love and link to the person who nominated you.
Following those rules, you can see that we have already added the award logo above, plus we have linked back to the lovely Arnold and Bird, so now I have a few other tasks to complete below.
My answers to Arnold and Bird’s questions:
1. What is your favourite font? I pretend I’m not girly, but I know I’m completely fooling myself as my mates think I am, so I would say’ Impregnable’ by Måns Grebäck.
2. Who is your favourite band or singer? Right now, I would have to say Biffy Clyro as they just purchased some of our prints!
3. Your favourite place in the world? I love my home with my family, but the much more colourful answer would be Koh Phi Phi in Thailand, I love everything about that country and in particular that island.
4. The place you most want to visit in the world and why? It is a little dramatic but the first place that comes to mind is the North or South Pole for the extremeness of that place (hmm… I’m not sure extremeness is a word).
5. What is your resolution for tomorrow? In my aim to stay ever positive, I would say to always look for the best part of every day.
6. Where is home? My head says the US, my heart with Russ and Milly and my soul Lyme Regis in Dorset (long story).
7. Favourite piece of clothing/jewellery or accessory and why? I’d say my Mum’s engagement ring, I don’t think you can get more precious than that.
8. Your favourite emotion? Being a Designer-Maker, I’m most energised when I have just thought of a new product idea.
9. What is creativity to you? I would say the process of making an idea into a physical thing and working out how it will happen. I get to do that for a living, and I love every minute.
10. Favourite designer or artist? Looking at current designers, I would say Anya Hindmarch, I own one of her bags, it is like a work of art to me.
My 10 questions for the bloggers that I have nominated:
- Out of all your blog posts, pick one to show us and explain why you picked that one.
- How would you like to spend your retirement?
- Specifically, what does your home say about your tastes?
- What is your favourite word and why?
- Tell us about the best present that you ever received?
- Name one thing people are unlikely to know about you?
- What was your greatest achievement?
- What would be your ideal day?
- Pick your favourite line from a film or song?
- If you could give other bloggers one tip, what would it be?
Our 10 lovely nominees (I like this part) … drum roll…. and in no particular order:
- Rock ‘n Roll Bride – Inspiring you to make your wedding day unique, plus making me question if I could dye my hair pink (I really want to).
- All Sorts of Pretty – A lovely lifestyle blog with a well thought out selection of posts.
- The Notebook Doodles – Sometimes an image is all you need.
- Lobster and Swan – Always full of well-chosen images.
- Oh Happy Day – These guys deserve an award simply for creating such a bright and fun blog design.
- The Make Up Collaborative – This blog launched about the same time as us. Their success means that they already have a product range and even a number of classes and workshops that their blog readers can attend.
- Bright Bazaar – My new favourite blog.
- One Sheepish Girl – This blog really inspired me. I love her banner and her ‘plan for the weekend’ photos.
- Handmadeology – Most likely the best blog for Designer-Makers searching for business advice.
- A Beautiful Mess – These girls inspired me to start blogging, their blogging celebrates life and they deserve as many awards as they can get.
Well that is about it … I hope that everyone likes my choices and thank you again to Arnold and Bird for nominating us!